Push through deeper and faster with the ultimate CPT trucks.
Vertek manufactures a full line of Heavy CPT trucks and rigs for the geotechnical and environmental engineering industry’s safest, vertical push. Vertek’s Heavy CPT truck is a vehicle designed for maximum production. It can be fully enclosed for all weather operation, fully ballasted to reduce setup time in-situ, on site. Despite its size, Vertek’s Heavy CPT truck can be operated with only one person!
CPT Truck features overview
Easy setup means more jobs
The hydraulic leveling system provides rapid leveling of the unit once it is on-site. This, coupled with the weight of the vehicle, enables soundings at greater depths, which frees the operator to spend more time on actual soundings and less time deploying and recovering anchors.
The truck-based CPT system has the largest work platform available and permits a wide range of body styles and layouts.
Deepest possible CPT soundings
Vertek CPT trucks are typically equipped with 30 tons of push force and can be ballasted to achieve reaction weights required to utilize maximum push force through the toughest geologies. Additional push force can be supplied.
CPT industry’s most cost-effective configurations
Vertek became the world’s leading geotechnical, civil, and environmental engineering manufacturer of heavy CPT push platforms by building on a number of different models to meet your specifications.
Interior comfort is at a premium with Vertek’s Truck and Track-based systems with ample workspace and climate-controlled options available to keep your comfortable in any weather.Interior comfort is at a premium with Vertek’s Truck and Track-based systems with ample workspace and climate-controlled options available to keep your comfortable in any weather.
The Vertek push system is equipped with dual cylinders, hydraulic head clamp, safety clamp and easy to use electronic interface.
CPT push specifications
- 20 ton push capacity
- 25 ton pull capacity
- 42 inch cylinder stroke
- Heat treated smooth jaws that won’t scar the rods.
- 85,000 lbs of clamping force
- Visible pressure gauge for verification.
- Custom hydraulic manifold to decrease non-ASTM cycle times.
- Automatically comes out of regenerative mode for higher retraction loads.
Non-retractable guide tube
- Provides lateral support for rods while pushing.
- Threaded for installation of rod wiper or steam cleaning heads.
Electronic hydraulic controls
- User intuitive push button HMI
- Independent joystick for manual operation.
- Highly visible hydraulic pressure gauges for system operation.
- Secondary hydraulic rod clamp to hold rods when primary clamp is released.
- Visible pressure gauge for verification.
Our cabin is built to maximize workflow and increase comfort. Our flooring provides a sure grip finish that is durable and easy to clean.
The walls of our cabin are insulated to ensure comfortable working conditions 365 days a year.
- Insulated walls and ceiling.
- Four windows on vanbody walls and one window in rear door for easy air ventilation.
- Lockable main entrance door 36” wide.
- Easy stow away ladder with railing.
- 2000 watt power inverter.
- A/C and Heat create a comfortable work environment
under any weather conditions.
Work bench features
- Lista cabinet with individual locking drawers.
- Stainless steel top.
- Custom heavy duty vise for sure grip on rods or cones.
Horizontal rod rack
- Holds enough rods to push 200 ft.
- Removable horizontal trays.
on heavy dusty casters for mobility.
Hydraulic jacks – Leveling and seismic beam
Hydraulic leveling jacks
- 4 leveling jacks.
- Rugged tube in tube design for lateral support.
- Built in PO check valves for load holding.
- Hydraulic seismic beam (front).
- Dual automated shear wave hammer.
- Easy push button control for left and right hammer strike located on HMI touchscreen.
- 16 inch diameter pads (rear).
CPT case study
See why national engineering firm Terracon chooses Vertek.
When you purchase a piece of Vertek CPT equipment, you become part of our family. We provide every customer with unparalleled customer service and unlimited technical support. From design to build to training to the field, we are by your side and always just a phone call away.
Engineered and built in Vermont.
Delivered around the world.
Have questions about the CPT Truck-based Push System?
Click here or give us a call at 1-800-639-6315 to discuss your needs and our solutions.
Get the Vertek Product Catalog
Work with the world leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced in-situ soil testing apparatus.