It’s never been easier to add cone penetration testing (CPT) services.
WANT TO GROW BUSINESS OUTSIDE OF SPT AND HOLLOW STEM AUGER DRILLING?
Simply install Vertek’s turnkey Drill Rig Conversion Kit to your rig and let the revenue roll in.
The Drill Rig Conversion Kit allows drilling service providers conducting geotechnical site characterization activities to easily conduct CPT with existing drilling equipment.
A simple adapter screwed on to the drill head allows the existing push and pull hydraulic system to manually advance and retract the CPT equipment to desired subsurface depth safely, and with control.
If you’re considering the growth of your drilling business and providing additional capabilities to your customers, Vertek’s Drill Rig Conversion Kit is the best and most cost-effective option to enter the CPT service marketplace.
In less than 10 minutes, you will be ready to conduct CPT soundings.
- Vertek offers drill head adapters for use with VTK or HT Series cones and for both 10cm2 or 15cm2 cones.
- Customizable for either pin or box drill heads and different thread types (ex. NWJ, AWJ, etc.).
- Depth can be measured with a ground-based encoder via wheel system or string pot transducer.
- Shear wave seismics can be conducted using our triggering system, steel plate placed under the drill rig jack, and sledgehammer.
- Rod rack system available to secure the rods and protect the umbilical cable. String rods in the rear of a vehicle for the desired depth of exploration if not using a rod rack.
- Two drill rig interfaces offer push & pull capabilities including a push cap for advancing and a slotted threaded adapter rod for retracting. The original four-piece system relies on threads for connection while the three-piece system features a latch for retraction.
Download the product brochure here.
CONVERSION KIT CUSTOMERS
When you purchase a piece of Vertek CPT equipment, you become part of Team Vertek. We provide every customer with unparalleled customer service and unlimited technical support. From helping you choose the best solution for your business to training and field support, we will be by your side and always just a phone call away.
Ready to earn more revenue with your drill rig?
Give us a call at 1-800-639-6315 or send us a note and we will follow up to discuss your needs and our solutions.